The Dog House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oakville 3 on 3 Tourney

5 posters

Go down

Oakville 3 on 3 Tourney Empty Oakville 3 on 3 Tourney

Post  svedishsven Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:44 am

I just wanted to start up the topic so that we all know whats going down. Tournament is a week today (Saturday March 14th). Registration begins at 8:30 so anticipate a 7:30 departure from K-town. As of right now I am assuming that the entire 2008 team will be able to attend minus Conor who will unfortunately be severely missed. In his absence, we are hoping to install my cousin Nath (supposedly 4 but actually 18 ) into the teams roster. We will know if he is able to attend on Tuesday. Cost for the tournament is 125 for the team so if you do your math right thats 25 a piece assuming Nath comes otherwise we are all screwed in more ways then one...
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Oakville 3 on 3 Tourney Empty Re: Oakville 3 on 3 Tourney

Post  Maverick Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:00 pm

Does Nath have a red jersey to wear. I don't want to show up to this HUGE event uncoordinated.
Maverick
Maverick
Admin

http://dogpound.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:15 pm

Infact, he does have a red jersey, or so i believe. Ayr's rep team jerseys are red black and white, similar to the carolina style jersey with the atlanta flames logo on the front. im sure i could tell him to wear it.
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:21 pm

UPDATE:

I talked to my cousin Nath about doing the tourney. He seems interested in joining the team and has expressed interest in playing goalie. As of right now he is a probable for the tournament and will let me know for sure whether he plays to join us in the next few days.
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  B-Dizzle Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:34 pm

a 4 year old in net? yikes
B-Dizzle
B-Dizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:05 am

It's like the small goalie mode in NHL 3-on-3.

BLART
Maverick
Maverick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:35 am

you guys can stuff those comments up your you know whats! I'd rather have Nath on the team then any of you faggots!!! I also don't get the NHL 3 on 3 reference... He's 6'2 which means he's actually our tallest player. Also, with Nath in net, I am now free to resume my duties on defence which is extremely beneficial given what I've seen from the rest of the team in practise thus far.
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:37 am

We have a 4-year-old in net. He is small compared to the net. Thus the NHL 3-on-3 reference.

I'm glad to have him on our team. We need to schedule a practice session though. Get on it GM
Maverick
Maverick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:40 am

I dont think General Mills signed up for the forum
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:22 am

good news fellas, I know i already told you this however I just wanted to have things in writing. I have purchased a new set of Goalie pads to compliment our new blocker, trapper and goal mask. I know the old stuff was decent but the new stuff is top. This of course eliminates the opprotunity to blame any failures we might encounter this weekend on a lack of quality goal equipment and with Nath in net i am confident Goaltending will not be a weakness for us. Forwards, our success now lies in your hands. Score lots, check hard and backcheck harder. Lets win a 2nd straight Championship!!!!
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:37 pm

UPDATE ON THE RECRUITING PROCESS:

Nath has confirmed that he will likely be joining us for 3 on 3 in Oakville. His decision was largely based on whether he had plans Saturday assuming that we will likely be back before 4 or so, there should be no conflicts and as of right now we do have a goalie!
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:06 pm

BOOM Roasted.
Maverick
Maverick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Mills Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:48 am

Hey guys,
GM here. Just wanted to wish you luck. Tomorrow is the big day and I have high expectations for this team. I have decided to name Tim Borys the official Captian of this team as I feel his leadership is unmatched. The rest of you, remember your roles.

Bruno, we need you to add some grit to the team. Go out there and play the enforcer. You are our X factor.

Rick, all we need from you are goals goals and more goals. Give me a reason to throw in the old hat! Go out there and be our sniper.

Stephan, it's all about staying home...defensively that is. Go out there and lockdown the other team with your defensive presence.

If everyone plays their role, I'm hoping we can make our new free agent signing feel right at home back there in the net. Lets go out there and repeat champions!!!
General Mills
General Mills

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Just wanted to say congrats team!
Even though we were basically shafted by a certain someone (i think you know who you are... *cough* Conor) we still managed to earn the title of 2 TIME ROAD HOCKEY CHAMPIONS!!!

If General Mills is listening, I think its fair to say that we have a player on our roster who is quite expendable...
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  Friendly Maltese Hooker Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:32 pm

You kidding me, if I had played you wouldn't have lost a game, you bums.
Friendly Maltese Hooker
Friendly Maltese Hooker

Back to top Go down

Post  General Mills Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:50 pm

Hey guys! Congrats on the win, we deserve it! just wanted to let you know that we've been working on a website. things may not be entirely ready but here is the link for future reference.

http://www.geocities.com/flutie_flakes/home.html

PS. don't worry Conor, we still consider you a key part of this franchise and would love to have you as part of our roster for next year especially given that talks with Nath about returning are not going so well.
General Mills
General Mills

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:57 pm

This is the coolest freaking thing i've ever seen. I'm happy with the logo changes there General Mills. i think that my flake logo can be an alternate logo used on the shoulders of the jerseys. The website layout is great, considering its a copy of the Boston Bruins.I'm looking forward to a roster page with standings and stats as well. Keep up the great work though.

I'll work on a jersey mockup that we can put into plan for next season or later yournaments this year
Maverick
Maverick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Friendly Maltese Hooker Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Nice website. I forgot that we are getting advertising dollars from TD Canada Trust. I thought it was only John Deere and Gatorade that sponsered us.
Friendly Maltese Hooker
Friendly Maltese Hooker

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:14 pm

Here's a mockup of the jerseys we could wear next tournament after we purchase them of course, or make them.

Oakville 3 on 3 Tourney Flutieflakes
Maverick
Maverick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:56 pm

looks great to me, i dont know how much of a fan i am of the logo but I would certainly love to own my own Flutie Flakes jersey.
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:22 am

just to update you guys on the progress with the website, we do have player profiles and roster lists basically completed, although i left you out for the moment conor. (sorry bud) also, to address the sponsor issues, yes TD is a big supporter of the Flakes and unfortunetly John Deere dropped out. but we are remaining hopeful on Gatorade.

Also, i was mentioning the prices of some of the other tourneys ive been looking at and they are all upwards of $200 right now (to put it in perspective, its more than a Ti Cats season ticket) so unless you guys are really wanting to play one of these, our current position on upcoming tournaments is that we're holding out for a better offer. If we are going to do one of these higher priced tourneys, i think the "Hockey Night in Canada 4 on 4 Tourney" in London looks the best. $210 for the team and each player gets a free (although 210 is exactly free) Hockey night in Canada t-shirt of your size. Registration deadline is early May tho so we have some time to decide.
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum