The Dog House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New NHL season

4 posters

Go down

New NHL season Empty New NHL season

Post  svedishsven Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:52 pm

Just thought I'd update you guys on my NHL career...

Given the recent rumours about the Coyotes coming home to Winnipeg, I decided to start a new season! I created the Jets and gave them Phoenix's roster. Also, I moved Colorado into the Southwest division and inserted my team (the Jets) into the Northwest division.

New NHL season Winnipeg%20Jets%20Concept%20Logo

Pre-season:
- I made one trade to Acquire former Jet's captain Keith Tkachuk for Matthieu Schneider and a prospect.
- I also appointed Tkachuk as Captain of the newly resurrected Winnipeg Jets.

Season Opener:
- A capacity crowd of 15,015 showed up to cheer on Canada's new old team in the home opener!
- Sadly, the Jets lost to the Sharks 4-1
- Lombardi scored the team's lone goal
- Tkachuk made it onto the scoresheet with his tripping penalty in the 2nd

I will likely play again at some point tonight.
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

New NHL season Empty Re: New NHL season

Post  svedishsven Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:28 pm

UPDATE:
As promised I played a few more games tonight so I have some results for those of you who are following:
- WPG 3-2 VAN (OT)
- NSH 3-9 WPG
- CHI 1-4 WPG

As you can see, my Winnipeg Jets have caught fire and haven't lost a game since my opening day blunder. A few players have been key for me during this stretch...
- Upshall: scored 4 goals in my win over Nashville
- Tkachuk: after being scoreless in 2 games, he now sits 4th in NHL points with 7.

I will hopefully play again tomorrow Smile
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:30 pm

UPDATE:
Had to get up early this morning and didn't really feel like doing much, so... I popped in some NHL Razz

We went on a substancial road trip and the team did okay; lost a few, won a few. you know. Here are the results:
- BOS 0-1 WPG
- TOR 3-1 WPG
- MTL 2-0 WPG
- DET 2-5 WPG
- MIN 3-2 WPG

PLAYER STATUS:
- Tkachuk: suffered a Nose Fracture in the game against Boston and was expected to miss 1-2 weeks. He is probable for my next game
- Doan: has been silently doing his job. He has 7 points in 9 games.
- Wolski: is going through a slump. Only 2 goals so far on the season.

Current Record: 5-4-0
Conference Rank: 5th
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  Friendly Maltese Hooker Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:47 pm

You lost to Toronto. Do you have a hole in your head?

Pathetic.
Friendly Maltese Hooker
Friendly Maltese Hooker

Back to top Go down

Post  B-Dizzle Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:21 pm

You started yesterday and you've already played 9 games?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
B-Dizzle
B-Dizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:51 am

First off...
This will be my 50th post! Woo me!!

Secondly, in response to my fans around the friendship forum...
- Yes, I lost to Toronto I know. If it makes you feel better, they aren't the 0-8-0 leafs we know, infact Toronto currently holds down a playoff spot in my season. Also... Stempniak scored the lone goal in my losing effort.
- And B-Dizzle: you can now make it 11 games in 2 days my friend!

UPDATE:
Got 2 results from home games tonight:
- WPG 3-2 CAR (SO)
- WPG 3-5 DET

PLAYER STATUS:
- Tkachuk was back in my lineup and had an assist to Upshall in his return
- Wolski scored against Detroit to end his scoring slump. He is still not playing quite to par.
- Defensively, Michalek has easily been my best player. He has 2 goals and leads the teams D-Men in points.

Current Record: 6-5-0
Conference Ranking: 6th

Anyways, I better get back to studying which is what I really should be doing since I have 2 Exams tomorrow and an Essay due Friday...Later NHL lovers!!
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:59 pm

UPDATE:
Alrighty Jets fans! Got home from my exams today around 12:00. Not feeling too confident about the results but I think you'll find these results a little better:
- EDM 4-3 WPG
- CGY 1-4 WPG
- SJ 4-6 WPG
- VAN 3-2 WPG

PLAYER STATUS:
- Doan: leads the team with 15 points
- Tkachuk has been solid since returning to action and is still 2nd in team points even in his role as second line Center

ANALYSIS:
- The Edmonton loss was a heartbreaker. We were up 3-2 with 2 minutes left and they scored the winner with 14 seconds left.
- The team's penalty kill was struggling for while. 1/2 vs Calgary and 3/7 against San Jose
- We only had 2 home games before heading bck on the road for the past 4 games so it'll be nice to come back to Winnipeg
- All things considered, I'm pleased with our progress and the team's record so far.

Current Record: 8-7-0
Conference Rank: 7th
League Rank: 11th

Unfortunately I'll likely be busy the rest of the night and into tomorrow so it could be a while till I play again. I will make sure to let you guys know as soon as I do though! Thanks for all the support fellas!!
Till then...
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:58 am

Hello true believers...
Its been a while but I finally got a chance to play some more NHL tonight before going to bed so here are some results from my latest home stand.

UPDATE:
WPG 2-1 COL (OT)
WPG 7-1 CHI
WPG 4-6 EDM

PLAYER STATUS:
- Bryzgalov: has been great in net lately. He played in the first 2 games stopping all but 1 both times. Currently holds a .904 save %
- LaBarbara: looks shakey at of late. He played in the loss to Edmonton and has been struggling in his varied appearances.

IMPORTANT INFO:
- Our Powerplay has been on fire as of late at 5 of 11
- Key matchups against Division rivals Vancouver, Calgary and Minnesota are coming up in the next 6-7 games.

Current Record: 10-8-0
Conference Rank: 7th
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 pm

UPDATE:
Played quite a bit today fellas here are the results.
- CHI 1-2 WPG
- WPG 1-3 VAN
- CGY 4-2 WPG
- EDM 1-2 WPG (OT)
- VAN 3-6 WPG

Not much new to report at the moment. We've had a few small injuries but nothing longer resulting in missing more than a game.

Current Record: 13-10-0
Conference Rank: 8th
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:42 pm

For those of you who were wondering why I haven't updated you on my NHL progress as of late, there is a legitimate reason...
On Wednesday this week, I came down to play some NHL only to find that my Xbox 360 was flashing 3 red rings and is thus rendered useless. I searched up to see if I was still covered under warrenty but the website said I was not but, I had the option of disputing it so I figured I would call to see and they were closed.

Figuring I wouldn't get anywhere anyways, I tore my xbox apart as far as I could watching "do it yourself" jobs on youtube. The next day, I went out and got the materials i needed to complete my job. When I got home, I decided to try contacting Xbox one more time. To my surprise, my Xbox 360 is still covered under warrenty so I put the damn thing back together and got it ready for shipping...

Unfortunetly the process takes about 2-3 weeks so until then, I will not be able to play anymore NHL... sorry Jets fans.
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  B-Dizzle Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:49 pm

svedishsven wrote:For those of you who were wondering why I haven't updated you on my NHL progress as of late, there is a legitimate reason...
On Wednesday this week, I came down to play some NHL only to find that my Xbox 360 was flashing 3 red rings and is thus rendered useless. I searched up to see if I was still covered under warrenty but the website said I was not but, I had the option of disputing it so I figured I would call to see and they were closed.

Figuring I wouldn't get anywhere anyways, I tore my xbox apart as far as I could watching "do it yourself" jobs on youtube. The next day, I went out and got the materials i needed to complete my job. When I got home, I decided to try contacting Xbox one more time. To my surprise, my Xbox 360 is still covered under warrenty so I put the damn thing back together and got it ready for shipping...

Unfortunetly the process takes about 2-3 weeks so until then, I will not be able to play anymore NHL... sorry Jets fans.

yeah, but since you took it apart, doesn't that void the warranty?
B-Dizzle
B-Dizzle

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Just another update for you guys regarding my console since I know some of you were very worried about whether they would fix it for me. Xbox informed me that they recieved my system earlier today and just sent me another email stating that my console was on its way back to me.

This initially caused me some confusion as to whether they fixed my Xbox 360 or they were simply returning my broken console back to me. I decided to call customer support who has assured me that I will be recieving a new console within 7 business days since my old system was deemed unrepairable.

Sorry to all those who were hoping that I might take the opprotunity to switch over to PS3. Looks as though I will remain an Xbox 360 man... Long live the Jets!
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:04 am

UPDATE:
so I got my Xbox 360 back today, not mine actually, but it works so thats all that really matters. Its been fun playing on the Marlies with you guys but nothing compares to some good ol' Jets!
- WPG 5-2 PHI
- WPG 5-1 NSH
- MIN 0-7 WPG
- WPG 3-4 MIN (SO)

The team went on a small winning streak which really launched us up in the Standings somehow.

PLAYER UPDATE:
- Tkachuk went on a tear scoring 8 goals in those 4 games.
- Bryzgalov was trusted to start all 4 games and didn't really dissappoint until the home and home with Minesotta
- Lombardi is simply on fire. He somehow leads the team now in both points and goals with 30 and 15 respectively.

Current Record: 16-10-1
Conference Rank: 3rd
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:23 am

UPDATE:
Okay so, I thought I needed to make up for lost time today so I played quite a bit... in fact, I am now at the halfway point of the NHL season so I decided to do a full undate on standings and all to give you guys an idea of what the final end of season stats should look like.

TRANSACTIONS:
- Signed Dan Fritche (76) off Free Agency - assigned to AHL

RESULTS/SCORES:
- TB 4-1 WPG
- FLA 2-4 WPG
- PIT 2-4 WPG
- CBJ 4-1 WPG
- STL 2-5 WPG
- WPG 1-2 MIN
- WPG 0-3 TB
- WPG 3-6 CGY
- WPG 6-0 WSH
- WPG 2-1 CBJ (OT)
- MIN 0-4 WPG
- WPG 6-3 ANA
- WPG 6-1 DAL
- OTT 4-5 WPG (OT)

INJURIES:
- Pyatt: missed about 8 games with an unplayable injury
- Aucoin: suffered a fractured Jaw. We chose to take pre-cautions and sit him for 4 games.
- Jovanovski: Twisted his wrist and missed 2 games
- Tkachuk: suffered a concussion which sidelined him for 5 games or so. He came back and recently suffered an MCL sprain which is expected to keep him out for 6 weeks.

PLAYER UPDATE:
- Tkachuk: has been incredible when healthy. His 30 points came in 28 games; and that's as a second line center.
- Lombardi: has emerged as the star of this Jets franchise. After 41 games, he has 28 goals and sits 5th in League scoring with 51 points.
- Bryzgalov: is 3rd amongst starting goalies with a 92.2 save %
- Doan: went on a slump where he got no points for 6 games but has otherwise been consistant and should finish with 70 or so points.
- Yandal: has moved from the AHL onto my second pairing with solid play.

LEAGUE STANDINGS:

WEST Pts EAST
1 Columbus 58 1 Pittsburgh 48
2 San Jose 57 2 Washington 46
3 Vancouver 55 3 Montreal 45
4 Winnipeg 51 4 NY Islanders 46
5 Anaheim 47 5 Florida 45
6 Edmonton 47 6 NY Rangers 44
7 Dallas 46 7 Buffalo 43
8 Calgary 45 8 Toronto 42

PLAYER STATISTICS:

PLAYER G A PTS
Lombardi 28 23 51
Doan 17 20 37
Tkachuk 16 14 30
Michalek 2 23 27
Upshall 14 11 25
Vrbata 12 12 24
Morris 0 21 21
Jovanovski 2 18 20
Hanzal 11 7 18
Wolski 8 7 15
Aucoin 1 14 15
Sauer 2 12 14

Current Record: 25-15-1
Conference Rank: 4th
Goals For (PG): 3rd - 3.44
Goals Ag. (PG): 2nd - 2.44
Powerplay %: 6th - 20.2%
Penalty Kill%: 2nd - 87.1%
Home: 10-7-1
Away: 15-8-0

...And I think thats about it for now fellas. We are looking good though and I will try to keep up this current 6 game win streak we're on!
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:59 pm

UPDATE:
This is a combination of yesterday and a few games this morning. I likely won't get to play again much today.
- DET 3-4 WPG (OT)
- CBJ 2-3 WPG
- WPG 7-1 NYI
- CAR 3-2 WPG
- BUF 2-0 WPG
- CGY 3-1 WPG
- WPG 4-3 NJ (SO)
- WPG 2-1 EDM

INJURIES:
- Tkachuk: either I read it wrong or he made a speedy recovery. Tkachuk returned to action against Jersey and scored in both games he has played in since.
- Jovanovski: got injured but only missed to games with a bruised hip.

PLAYER STATUS:
- Lombardi: has cooled off: he has only 2 goals along this stretch but that does give him a career high 30 on the year.
- Hanzal: is playing well and moved up to the second line for a few games.

ANALYSIS:
- The team did manage to put together a 9 game win streak but struggled near the end which lead to us recently losing 4 of 5.
- Due to the performances of late, we have been juggling the lines around a bit. Upshall has seen action on lines 2 and 3, Prucha moved from 4 to 2, Stempniak for the moment dropped to line 4, Pyatt moved up again to line 3, Jovanovski switched lines with Morris...

Current Record: 29-19-1
League Rank: 6th
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:43 am

If you're fifth in your conference and 6th in the league then how shitty is the Eastern Conference?
Maverick
Maverick
Admin

http://dogpound.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:01 am

First off:
to answer your question Maverick, yes there is a major difference between the depth in the West compared to the East. In my Saturday post I actually provided standings for the top 8 teams in each division and you already see at that point how odd things are. The difference has only gotten larger... Currently, I am just clinging to the 8th and final spot in the West with 64 points. This actually has me tied with Pittsburgh who is 1st in the East! They do have a game in hand however.

UPDATE:
Just a few more games played today fellas. Not doing too much better and we really could've used the win over Dallas.
- WPG 3-1 DAL
- WPG 3-4 MIN
- DAL 5-2 WPG
- WPG 3-2 NYR (SO)

OTHER NEWS:
- Aucoin: got currently day to day with an injury and is questionable for next game.
- The line juggling continues especially on the Right Wing where we don't have one top tear RW.
- It is a race between 9 teams in the West:
4. Anaheim
5. Calgary
6. Detroit
7. Dallas
8. Winnipeg
- All have 66-64 points.

Current Record: 31-22-1
Conference Rank: 8th
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:34 am

UPDATE:
Had a good little stretch today and we are just one game away from the olympic break now!!
- WPG 4-3 CBJ
- NSH 0-4 WPG
- WPG 0-1 EDM
- WPG 6-2 STL
- WPG 5-1 ATL
- WPG 5-2 COL

PLAYER STATUS:
- Lombardi: is back! Had 12 points across this stretch.
- Bryzgalov: has been brilliant as of late. His GAA is about 2.02 and his save% is .912
- Lepisto: has taken Sauer's place in the lineup and has done fairly well.
- Boedker: Just thought I'd update you. He leads our AHL team in points with 49 and goals with 24.
- Aucoin: returned to action a few games ago.

ANALYSIS:
- Minus the shutout loss in Edmonton where former Jet Khabibulin stoned us, the team has won 7 games in the past 8.
- We are slowly moving up the standings but it has been hard as the other teams have stayed right with us.
- On a side note: B-DIZZLE you will be happy to know that the Habs are in 1st in the East and seem to have it pretty well locked up.

Current Record: 36-23-1
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:15 pm

TRADE DEADLINE DAY:
Lots of news to report today fellas! We hit the Trade deadline and the Jets were active. Here is a breakdown of our transactions:
WPG Trade:
- Lee Stempniak (81)
- Brett Maclean (76)

to VAN for:
- Alexandre Burrows (82)

WPG Trade:
- Sami Lepisto (76)
- Alexandre Picard (72)
- Paul Bissonnette (75)

to BOS for:
- Cory Sarich (81)
- Johnny Boychuk (74)

There were a few teams dealing big name players on deadline day. Here are a few of the bigger deals:
OTT Trades:
- Phillips (84)
- Neil (80)

to PIT in exchange for:
- Gonchar (87)
- McKee (83)

OTT Trades:
- Alfredsson (88)
- 4th Round Pick 2010

to LA in exchange for:
- Scuderi (78)
- Bagnell (77)

DET Trades:
- Lidstrom (91)
- Howard (85)

to CGY in exchange for:
- Bouwmeester (85)
- Murray (75)

NYI Trades:
- Streit (84)
- Biron (83)

to DAL in exchange for:
- Morrow (85)
- Robidas (81)

RESULTS:
- LA 1-5 WPG
- WPG 2-0 DET
- ANA 1-8 WPG (after trade deadline)

ANALYSIS:
- Sarich + Burrows: were pencilled in on the 2nd line but neither played great. Sarich was dropped to play on the 3rd line with former teammate Aucoin where I hope to see better chemistry. Burrows was replaced by Prucha and is also on the 3rd line.
- Lombardi: hit 40 goals today! He sits 3rd in goals behind Gaborik and Heatley. He is above such players as Nash, Ovechkin and Crosby.
- Team: sits 5th now and looking good to hold down a playoff spot.

Current Record: 39-23-1
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:34 pm

UPDATE:
- COL 0-6 WPG
- WPG 1-3 STL
- WPG 1-4 VAN
- WPG 5-2 FLA
- DAL 2-3 WPG

PLAYER STATUS:
- Burrows: finally got his first point as a Jet against the Canucks and didn't score until we played the Stars. He is now on the 2nd unit.
- Lombardi: is injured! Suffering from Back Spasms and could miss up to 2 weeks which could be devasting to his point totals.
- Tkachuk: had 6 goals in 3 games and has reached 30 on the season.

Current Record: 42-26-1
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Since you seem to have such an abundant amount of time on your hands Stephan, do you want to join Convict and I for shinny at Activa on Tuesday from noon till one?
Maverick
Maverick
Admin

http://dogpound.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:46 pm

UPDATE:
Here are a few more results from recent games...
- WPG 5-2 STL
- ANA 1-2 WPG
- WPG 2-4 CGY
- LA 2-3 WPG (OT)
- WPG 4-2 LA
- COL 1-2 WPG

PLAYER STATUS:
- Lombardi: missed about 4 games and was then eased back into the lineup on the 4th line to limit chase for reinjury. He is still not 100%
- Burrows: has secured a spot on the 2nd line but continues to be lacking production from game to game.

ANALYSIS:
- The team has distanced itself from the bottom teams in the conference and is basically garanteed to finish 4th-6th
- We are in a tight race with Calgary for that 4th spot and Edmonton remains close behind.
- The team has lacked some offense in the absence of Lombardi. Most goals have come from 3rd and 4th line players or D-men.

Current Record: 47-27-1
Conference Rank: 4th
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:15 pm

UPDATE:
As some of you may already know, I finished my season today so here is just about every stat you will want to know about from the 2009-10 season! But first, here are the latest results from the final games of the season:
- SJ 3-4 WPG
- WPG 2-3 ANA
- WPG 1-2 CGY
- WPG 4-1 SJ
- VAN 3-2 WPG
- EDM 3-4 WPG (OT)
- WPG 3-4 CHI (OT)
- WPG 2-3 LA

LEAGUE STANDINGS:
RK EASTERN CONF. WIN LOS TIE POINT GF GA RK WESTERN CONF. WIN LOS TIE POINT GF GA
1 Pittsburgh 45 27 10 100 291 270 1 Vancouver 51 21 10 112 268 194
2 Boston 46 31 5 97 272 240 2 San Jose 50 30 2 102 262 247
3 Atlanta 43 29 10 96 247 234 3 Columbus 47 28 7 101 265 243
4 New Jersey 45 32 5 95 249 238 4 Calgary 52 26 4 108 261 219
5 NY Rangers 44 31 7 95 256 229 5 Edmonton 47 25 10 104 255 244
6 Buffalo 44 32 6 94 248 245 6 Winnipeg 50 30 2 102 270 189
7 Montreal 43 34 5 91 259 216 7 Detroit 41 33 8 90 229 243
8 Ottawa 39 30 13 91 230 240 8 Anahiem 42 35 5 89 221 239
9 NY Islanders 39 33 10 88 249 264 9 Dallas 39 35 8 86 244 235
10 Carolina 39 35 8 86 246 273 10 Minnesota 36 38 8 80 234 272
11 Washington 40 38 4 84 256 248 11 St. Louis 35 37 10 80 243 264
12 Florida 37 36 9 83 211 229 12 Colorado 35 37 10 80 225 250
13 Philadelphia 37 38 7 81 253 256 13 Chicago 37 40 5 79 234 238
14 Toronto 37 40 5 79 225 255 14 Los Angeles 33 42 7 73 237 263
15 Tampa Bay 28 48 6 62 211 287 15 Nashville 29 43 10 68 198 285

TEAM STATS:
Final Record: 50-30-2
Conference Rank: 6th
League Rank: 4th
Goals for (PG): 3.29 - 3rd
Goals against PG): 2.30 - 1st
Powerplay Goals: 48 - 30th
Powerplay %: 20.8% - 7th
Powerplay GA: 44 - 1st
Penalty Kill %: 88.0%
Home: 22-17-2
Away: 28-13-0

PLAYER STATS:
PLAYER GLS AST PTS PIMS +/-
Lombardi 45 39 84 83 33
Tkachuk 33 28 61 52 28
Doan 27 34 61 83 34
Vrbata 28 24 52 42 29
Jovanovski 5 43 48 105 23
Michalek 2 41 43 125 31
Hanzal 21 22 43 67 9
Burrows 20 20 40 165 18
Morris 1 37 38 114 29
Upshall 19 19 38 23 26
Wolski 21 17 38 53 18
Aucoin 2 25 27 86 18
Prucha 14 10 24 30 21
Sauer 2 19 21 25 8
Yandle 0 21 21 37 31
Korpikoski 13 6 19 50 -2
Lang 7 11 18 16 7
Sarich 0 17 17 74 2
Pyatt 8 6 14 16 7
Boychuk 3 6 9 49 -6
Vandermeer 0 7 7 20 -2
Turris 0 3 3 8 -1
Fiddler 2 1 3 6 -2

ANALYSIS:
- A huge part of our team's success is largely thanks to the goaltending of Ilya Bryzgalov who had a rediculous .920 save% and a 2.02 GA.
- The team relies heavily on secondary scoring; 8 players had 20+ goal seasons this year.
- Lombardi - struggled to end out the seasopn but still had 45 goals. We will need his scoring ability in the playoffs.
- Tkachuk - will need to beo our role player. He has had an excellent season scoring and taking the body while of the second unit.
- Special teams will be key to our success moving forward. We had the best Penalty kill during the season.

...On a final note, I thought I would point out that my first post when I started this season was posted on March 30th meaning I have completed my first season with the Jets in less then a month... impressive?
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  svedishsven Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:34 pm

UPDATE:
I played the first round of the NHL playoffs today and here is how things went down:

EAST
1-PIT over 8-OTT in 5
7-MTL over 2-BOS in 5
6-BUF over ATL in 4
5-NYR over 4-NJ in 4

WEST
1-VAN over 8-ANA in 5
2-SJ over 7-DET in 4
6-WPG over 3-CBJ in 6
4-CGY over 5-EDM in 5

GAME RESULTS FOR ROUND 1:
GM 1- CBJ 3-2 WPG
GM 2- CBJ 4-3 WPG (OT)
GM 3- WPG 3-0 CBJ
GM 4- WPG 4-0 CBJ
GM 5- CBJ 1-3 WPG
GM 6- WPG 5-3 CBJ

ANALYSIS:
Bryzgalov: was shaky as was the entire team to start the series but improved immensely as things progressed. He currently has a .929 save % and is fourth amongst goalies for Goals against.
Lombardi: was our only consistant player. When we stuggled early in the series, Lombardi was the only one making plays and scoring goals. He has 7 points in 6 games.
Morris: has been our best Defense. He injured Rick Nash in game 2 which completely changed the series.
Sarich: has been our shutdown D-man. We have moved him on a line with Morris as the shut down pair.
svedishsven
svedishsven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down